Monday 23 September 2013

My Big Fat Breaking Bad Obsession

Breaking Bad is almost over and so ends six months of obsessive TV watching. For those who have not seen the show that won big at the Emmys this year, it is about a chemistry teacher who, when he is diagnosed with cancer, decides to make crystal meth in order to make enough money to support his wife and family after his death.  Spoiler alert! Stop now if you are at the start of the story. I would hate to ruin it for those of you in the early stages of your addiction.

The Breaking Bad obsession is affecting the family, friends, even the neighbours. Walter White, we're missing you already. 



Breaking Bad and the Answering Machine

Last month, a friend decided to record a message in the style of Jessie Pinkman’s.  Try it yourself:

“Yo Yo Yo, 148, 3 to the 3 to the 6 to the 9, representing the ABQ, word up Biatch, Leaveth Tone”.



Needless to say, it had to go. Her Irish accent didn’t do the message justice and ended up confusing callers, especially the dishwasher repair man who was lost on the M7 motorway.




Skyler

She's lost her brother in law and her husband almost kidnapped their baby. It's no wonder Skyler's resting face is one of extreme anxiety. Until the final season is over, this is my face too. I cannot help it. This poor woman is hated by Breaking Bad fans for nothing more than supporting her husband as he runs the biggest crystal meth lab in the world AND a car wash company. 






The RV

Thanks to Breaking Bad, last month we spent every weekend looking at mobile homes and caravans. Only one just like Walt's would do and we didn't find it in Ireland. In my mind, to own an RV like the one below would be a life complete. When the neighbours beat us to it this week and bought a state of the art mobile home, it could only mean one thing. They are manufacturing crystal meth. I am watching their RV every night. It is only a matter of time before the blue smoke appears.  To my neighbours, I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE UP TO. Don't worry, your secret's safe with me.  





My Uncle

The weirdest thing of all is that I have a recently retired scientist in the family. Call me obsessed but at his seventieth birthday earlier in the year, I couldn't help but notice that he bears a striking resemblance to Walter White. Is he modelling himself on WW? Perhaps, the writers modelled WW on my uncle. It is quite uncanny. 


Walter White


My Uncle


Breaking Bad and Teenagers

My teenager is also hooked. She loves Jesse. When she was asked at school to write a report on South America, she chose Columbia. “I’m going to do the whole report about the drug cartels”. 


The Hat


My husband celebrate's his birthday at the end of October. So far I have purchases dark sunglasses, a pork pie hat and a windbreaker. I am going to urge him to grow a goatee to complete the look. It has to be done in honour of Heisenberg. He works in horse racing, one of the only industries in Ireland where  in his new attire, he'll blend in at any race meeting. 




Finally....Should I get a BB tattoo?

The test of any super fan is whether or not they go the whole hog and get a tattoo. Here are possible options: 





I'll sleep on this decision. 























No comments:

Post a Comment